Reporting and Business Intelligence in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
FREE From Microsoft E-Learning
About this Course
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to leverage the extended Reporting and Business Intelligence (RBI) features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. The training course covers installation of pre-requisites and supporting technology, creating and deploying reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, creating, adjusting and deploying business intelligence projects using SQL Server Analysis Services, and integrating all these features together in the Rich client, Enterprise Portal or Role Centers, for the end-user.
The course is intended for developers or those individuals who will be creating and deploying reports and business intelligence projects.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Differentiate between Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 reporting features, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services.
– Appreciate the benefits of leveraging SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Explain what the Role Center in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is used for.
– List the system requirements for Reporting and Business Intelligence for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Step through the procedures for installing SQL Server Reporting Services and the integration components for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Design reports in Report Builder and Visual Studio using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 data sources.
– Integrate SQL Server Reports with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Client, Enterprise Portal and Role Centers.
– Step through the procedures for installing SQL Server Analysis Services and the integration components for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Become familiar with SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio.
– Navigate the multi-dimensional space of OLAP cubes.
– Import cubes from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Fix broken cubes.
– Create new cubes from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Deploy and process cubes.
– Read and write MDX expressions in KPIs.
– Step through the procedures for installing Role Centers for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
– Modify existing Role Centers.
– Create new Role Centers.
To add this course to your Microsoft learning or start it right now; here you’re: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/syllabi/50195A.aspx