First to be honest I don’t remember who gave me this link or where I got it from, but once I remember I’ll update this post.
SQL Server 2008 Training Kit: http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/1/911EC8F9-4407-42F0-A7EE-335BA0E61F50/SQL2008TrainingKit.Setup.20090505.exe
What’s its goal:
The goal of the SQL Server 2008 Developer Training Kit is to provide information about new features in SQL Server 2008. Its primary audience is solution architects and developers already familiar with SQL Server who want to learn about new functionality available in this release. The content focuses on development aspects and illustrates how to design more effective database applications that take advantage of improved capabilities in SQL Server 2008.
The material is organized into several feature areas:
- Spatial Support provides an overview of the new spatial data types that allow for the creation, comparison, analysis, and retrieval of spatial data.
- FILESTREAM describes how SQL Server 2008 enables the storage of binary large object (BLOB) data as files on the file system in a manner that ensures transactional consistency with the database.
- CLR introduces the common language runtime integration feature and describes new support for nullable types and additional .NET Framework libraries supported in SQL Server 2008.
- Reporting Services highlights enhancements to SQL Server Reporting Services including the new Report Builder 2.0 authoring tool.
- Date and Time introduces the new ANSI standard compatible data types that provide increased range and accuracy.
- T-SQL shows several new language enhancements including table-valued parameters, row constructors, grouping sets, and the MERGE statement.
Within each feature area, you will find presentations, demo scripts, and hands-on labs that will help you understand important aspects of each feature.
In the training kit, you will find the AdventureWorks Racing Community application. This sample application highlights some of the new functionality introduced in SQL Server 2008.